As a leader, it can be difficult to know how to approach conversations about emotional issues.
Managers and colleagues are increasingly taking on an important role in supporting the wellbeing of their colleagues, and leaders are expected to have conversations with each of the colleagues they support.
It can be difficult to feel confident and know how to best approach a sensitive conversation about a colleague's health or wellbeing at work. Furthermore, if the conversation is taking place remotely there can be additional challenges to overcome.
In this 2-hour interactive session, you will learn how to confidently, safely, and effectively have conversations about wellbeing in the workplace.
The session provides participants with a framework to support their own well-being and that of their colleagues including:-
- Developing strategies to deal with emotional conversations
- How to spot opportunities for early intervention and signposting
- Holding a meaningful discussion focussed on wellbeing and resilience
- Removing the fear of challenging conversations
- Creating a culture built on trust and mutual respect
- Building and supporting ownership and choice
Facilitated by communications expert Chris White, Chris recently commented:
’I received many positive comments following my presentation at the CCA Summit in April ... I’m looking forward to sharing more on how to be a better and more effective listener, understand how that makes us more effective as leaders and colleagues, and also allows us to approach those potentially challenging conversations with more confidence..."
Book your place today or contact us for more information.